Trouble Connecting (iOS)
Connection Troubleshooting Steps
- Switch your mobile device's Bluetooth off, wait 5 seconds, and switch it back on.
- Restart the app (make sure to also close it from the background).
- Restart your mobile device.
Additional Steps (Follow in Order)
- Install the latest Oura app version.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- Place the ring on the charger, make sure it's charging near your mobile device.
- Make sure your ring isn't paired to any other device via Bluetooth (e.g. your old phone or tablet).
- Stop & close all other Bluetooth enabled apps on your mobile device.
- Make sure your mobile device has at least 20% battery and Power Saving mode is turned off.
- Turn off your device's WiFi, and make sure that there are no other radio-powered devices nearby (e.g. laptop).
- When you set up your new ring, pairing should be done via the Oura app, not the mobile device settings.
If the Issue Continues
Reset the Bluetooth connection between the ring and mobile device by 'forgetting' the ring in your Bluetooth settings:
- Close the Oura app (also from background).
- Go to mobile device Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Find your ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678), and tap the "i" or Settings icon to unpair/forget device.
- Open the app. The ring and app should reconnect.
Set up your ring as a new ring following these instructions.
Remember: We recommend not using Oura with two devices simultaneously. Each ring should be connected with just one device. Your Oura account should have only one ring and app connected to it.
Please submit a request if all else fails. To speed up the process, provide your Oura account email, and perform a manual backup of your data: Settings > Account > Back up all data.