What's Included with Your Charger?
Every Oura Ring purchase comes with a charging kit, consisting of a charging dock and USB cable (Type-C), which will need to be connected to a separate power source such as a laptop or power brick.
The USB charging power cord is intended to be supplied by an external 5Vdc supply that complies with IEC 62368-1 standard. The power available to the equipment should not exceed 15W after three seconds, to prevent battery degradation.
Gen2 and Gen3 chargers are compatible with both Gen2 and Gen3 rings. However, the Gen3 charger includes a red-green-blue (RGB) LED to help communicate its charging status to you. This color functionality is not supported when charging a Gen2 ring on a Gen3 charger.
How to Charge Your Oura Ring
Your Oura Ring can take 20-80 minutes to fully charge, depending on its current battery level. You can check the battery level by tapping the battery icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab.
To charge your ring:
- Connect the USB cable to your charging dock and plug the other end into a power source, such as a USB wall plug, laptop, or power brick
- Place your ring on the charging dock. The LED will pulse white while your ring is charging
- When the LED turns green, your ring is fully charged. You’ll receive a push notification from your Oura App when charging is complete. This push notification will only appear if your Oura App is open and running in the background of your device (i.e., not forced closed). This also applies for low battery notifications
If the LED doesn't light up, check to see that your charger’s cable is properly connected and your ring is positioned correctly, ensuring good contact between your ring and the dock. If you're still having trouble, please see our charging troubleshooting guide.
LED Color Reference (Gen3 Chargers Only)
If you’re setting up your ring for the first time, the charger’s LED will blink blue if you haven’t paired your ring, Oura App, and device over Bluetooth yet. You should see this under two circumstances:
- you’re setting up your ring for the first time or
- you’ve performed a factory reset on your ring and did not re-pair it to your device afterward.
Once you’ve paired your ring to your device via Bluetooth and successfully established a ring connection in your Oura App, the blinking blue will turn to solid blue, and then fade into white.
If your charger’s LED turns red, there may be a problem with your ring. Please see our charging troubleshooting guide for more information.
How to Purchase a Replacement Charger
All Oura Ring chargers are size-specific and intended to be used with the ring it was shipped with. Your charger’s size can be found on its underside. You can find your ring size on the inner band of your Oura Ring, next to the QR code. You can also tap the battery icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab on your Oura App, then swipe left. You’ll see it listed to the right of "Model and size," directly beneath the image of your ring.
Things to Keep in Mind
Ensure Your Ring is Charged Before Bed
It’s important that your ring be charged to at least 30% before going to bed. If your battery level isn't at least 30% prior to bed, you’ll miss out on your Sleep insights for the night.
You’ll still receive a bedtime and wake-up time, but no Sleep or Readiness Score, and no further breakdown of your sleep stages, heart rate variability, respiratory rate, or resting heart rate.