Factory Reset an Oura Ring
Resetting your ring to its factory settings will only erase the data stored on the ring itself. Previous data history that has been synced to your Oura account will not be affected.
To perform a factory reset:
- Make sure your ring is off the charger and on a flat surface
- Open the Oura App
- Go to the menu ☰ in the upper left-hand corner of the Home tab
- Tap Settings
- Under Account, select "Back up all data"
- Tap in the upper left-hand corner to return to the Home tab
- Tap the ring in the upper right-hand corner
- Swipe left to the screen titled "My Oura Ring"
- Tap "Factory reset"
- Keep the ring off the charger and on a flat surface without moving it for two minutes. This will allow the ring's settings to fully clear
Once you've completed the ring factory reset:
- Put your ring on the charger
- Go to your phone's Settings, and select Bluetooth
- Remove the ring from the listed of connected devices
- Return to the Oura App
You'll see a "Connect your Oura Ring" message, indicating that the process is complete and your ring is now cleared of all previous data.
If you wish to re-sync your personal account data with your ring, tap Continue. To sync your data onto a new ring, follow the instructions in this article to Set Up a Replacement Ring.