Trouble Receiving Notifications
If you're not receiving notifications from the Oura app, ensure the following conditions are being met. Keep in mind: your Oura Ring and device must be within proximity of one another for notifications to work.
1. Ensure notifications are toggled on in the Oura app.
• Select the menu icon (☰) in the upper left-hand corner of the Oura Home tab.
• Select ‘Settings’, then select ‘Notifications’.
• Ensure that all 5 notification options have been toggled on, indicated by a light blue filling.
2. The Oura app must be running in the background. If you close or force quit the app, notifications won't show.
3. Ensure that your device’s Bluetooth is enabled and that under ‘My Devices,’ your Oura Ring is connected. If you’ve enabled Airplane Mode in Oura, you won't receive notifications.
Check to see that you've enabled Oura notifications in your device’s ‘Settings’ application. To do so:
For iOS Users
• Open ‘Settings’ on your device, then select ‘Notifications’.
• Find the Oura app listed in this section. Ensure ‘Allow Notifications’ is toggled on.
For Android Users
• Open ‘Apps & Notifications’, then select ‘App Info’.
• Find the Oura app listed in this section.
Select ‘Notifications’ or ‘App Notifications’.
• Do one of the following:
Tap ‘Show Notifications,’ then proceed to tap ‘On’.
Tap ‘Allow Notifications’.
4. Ensure your ring and the Oura app have synced at least once during the day. You can do so by opening your Oura app. If your ring and app have already synced for the day, you should see your sleep insights from the previous night in the Sleep tab.
If you’re missing your sleep data from last night, you can start by closing the Oura app and placing your ring on your finger. Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled and that your ring is listed under ‘My Devices’ as ‘Connected’. Reopen the Oura app with your ring still on your finger. After going through this process, your ring and app should properly sync with one another, and upcoming notifications for the day should come through as expected.
Additional Troubleshooting Steps
•Toggle all 5 notification settings off and then back on in the Oura app settings.
• Toggle your devices' Bluetooth on and off.
• Restart your device.