Manage your notifications at any time in the Settings section of the Oura App, located in the menu in the upper left-hand corner of the Home tab. For specifics, follow the instructions below.
Keep in mind: if you've enabled low power mode or power saving mode on your device, apps running in the background may not receive updates or send you notifications.
Enable Notifications in Oura
Enable Notifications on Your Device
Enable Notifications in the Oura App
- Tap Settings > Notifications
- From here, you have the ability to toggle on or off the five notifications sent from your Oura App. These include low battery level reminders, inactivity alerts, activity progress updates, bedtime notifications, and insight notifications
Descriptions of these notifications are provided below and can also be found inside the app when making changes to your notification preferences. The default settings provide notifications for low battery and inactivity.
For notifications to appear:
- Your ring must be on your finger
- The app must be running in the background
- Your device's Bluetooth must be enabled
Note that if you’ve toggled on specific notifications within your Oura App and they still aren’t appearing as banner, lock screen, or notification center alerts on your device, you may need to check that Oura App notifications on your device are enabled as well.
Enable Oura App Notifications on Your Device
To start, go to your phone's Settings.
- Tap Notifications > Scroll down, then tap on the Oura App > Ensure Allow Notifications is toggled on
- Optional: Under Options, you can also select Show Previews and change this setting to Always if you’d like your Oura notifications to show while your phone is locked. This may be useful in the case that you regularly use Face ID to unlock your phone, which may result in accidentally missing a notification
- Tap Apps & Notifications > Go to App Info > Tap the Oura App listed in this section
- Tap Notifications or App Notifications
Do one of the following:
- Tap Show Notifications, then tap "On"
- Tap Allow Notifications
Here’s what to expect from each notification:
If your ring's battery level is low, Oura will provide you with an alert 2-3 hours before your bedtime. If you receive this notification, be sure to charge your ring prior to falling asleep.
You’ll need at least a 20% battery charge prior to bed to receive sleep data the following morning.
Inactivity alerts will provide you with a friendly reminder to stretch your legs after 50 minutes of inactivity. When you receive this notification, you have 10 minutes to reset it. To do so, take a brief walk, or stretch for a few minutes.
Oura will keep you updated on your daily activity goal progress with timely reminders. Keep in mind that your daily activity goal is determined by your readiness level, age, and sex.
In order to keep your Activity Score high, we suggest you aim to reach your daily activity goals at least five times a week, which is where enabling this notification may be helpful.
Oura will provide a notification one hour prior to your suggested bedtime, so you can start unwinding with your nightly routine. Your bedtime guidance is calculated relative to the nights you’ve slept the longest and most efficiently, and can be updated on a daily basis to reflect your most recent sleep needs.
Think of your bedtime guidance as Oura’s reminder to hold you accountable to a consistent good night’s sleep—if you happen to fall out of routine, bedtime notifications can help to bring you back into alignment.
Oura provides you with a unique weekly, monthly, and quarterly report. By enabling insight notifications, you’ll be reminded that your report is now available for viewing; this can be accessed via the card at the top of your Home tab.
These reports highlight key trends and averages in your Readiness, Sleep, and Activity Scores. Learn more about Oura Reports here.
If you're not receiving notifications from the Oura App:
- Toggle all five notification settings off and then back on in the Oura App settings
- Toggle your device's Bluetooth on and off
- Restart your device
- Make sure your ring is not in Airplane Mode
- Ensure that your ring and the Oura App have synced at least once during the day