Ring airplane mode disables all radio transmission from the ring, including the Bluetooth connection between the ring and the app. When ring airplane mode is enabled, the ring continues to collect data normally. The ring data will be synced with the app only when airplane mode is disabled.
To turn airplane mode on in the Oura app, tap the ring charging icon in the top right corner of the main view, and switch on the Ring airplane mode toggle.
Disabling Airplane Mode (2nd Gen. Oura Ring)
- Connect the ring to the charger.
- Wait for few seconds for the app and ring to reconnect.
Disabling Airplane Mode (1st Gen. Oura Ring)
- Remove the ring from your finger for 10 seconds.
- Place the ring back on your finger, and wait for about 20-30 seconds for the app and ring to reconnect.
You can also disable airplane mode by connecting the ring to the charger. Airplane mode will be disabled within 30 seconds.
If you've performed the steps above, and your ring doesn't connect with the app, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Toggle your phone's Bluetooth off and back on.
- Restart the app.