Oura App Languages
The Oura app is now available in:
The Oura app supports both metric and imperial units of measurement, and we plan to add more languages in the near future! This article will help you adjust your language preferences in Oura. Please update to the latest version of the Oura app if you’d like to set your in-app language to any of the above options. To do so, please visit either the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store.
If your device's primary language preferences are already set to English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish, the Oura app will automatically update to the same language currently active on your device. Please note, this only applies if you’re an iOS user and your operating system (OS) is updated to version 14.0 or later. If your device’s primary language is established as English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish, and your OS is set to a version older than 14.0—you can manually adjust to one of these selections in Oura by following the steps outlined below.
If your device's default language is NOT yet set to English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish, and you'd like to adjust your language in Oura to one of these options, please continue with the steps below.
If your device's default language is set to English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish, and upon most recently updating your app, your Oura language automatically adjusted—you can revert back to your original language preference in Oura by following the steps below.
How to Adjust Your Oura App Language
On iOS, in order to use languages other than English in the Oura app, you must add additional languages to your device’s preferred languages. To do so:
1. Go to Settings.
2. General > Language & Region.
3. Tap Other Languages below iPhone Language.
4. Add English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish, depending on your preference.
After completing these steps, remain in Settings and follow these steps to update your default language in the Oura app:
1. Return to General > Settings.
2. Scroll down to find Oura listed with your applications > Tap Oura.
3. Tap Preferred language and select English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish from the list, depending on your preference.
On Android, you cannot use a language in Oura different from your device's default language. This is a restriction of the Android operating system (OS), and outside of Oura's control.
However, if your device's language is set to a language other than English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish, you'll need to set the language you'd like to use your Oura app in. To do so, you must set a secondary preferred language in your device's settings, which can be achieved by following these steps:
1. Go to Settings > General management > Language and input > Language.
2. Tap Edit.
3. Set your preferred language for the Oura app (English, Japanese, Finnish, German, or Spanish) as a secondary language (i.e. listed after the primary language).
Please note, these steps may be slightly different depending on your Android's OS version.