Power Saving Mode
If you plan on taking a break from wearing your Oura Ring, we recommend enabling power saving mode. This will keep your ring’s battery at an optimal percentage of 40% - 60%, and help prevent any potential battery deterioration.
To enable power saving mode, you’ll need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset, please follow the steps below:
- Place your ring on the charger until it reaches at least 60%.
- Open your Oura App.
- Go to the hamburger menu in the upper left hand corner of your Home tab > Settings > Back up all data.
- Once the backup is complete, tap the in the upper left-hand corner. This will take you back to the Home tab.
- On the Home tab, tap the ring in the upper right-hand corner.
- Swipe left > Scroll down > Factory reset > OK. Wait while your app performs the factory reset. Once the factory reset is complete, go to your phone's Settings, select Bluetooth, and remove the ring from the listed of connected devices. Your Oura App will ask you to reconnect your ring. Do not proceed to reconnect it.
- Close your app, and wait 1 minute before taking the ring off the charger. It’s important not to move the ring for 60 seconds after closing the app, to ensure power saving mode has been enabled.
Ready to start using your Oura Ring again?
Simply place your ring on its charger and proceed to reconnect your ring with the Oura App.
Keep in mind!
Storing your Oura Ring for an extended period of time (2+ weeks) without having followed these steps may affect the longevity of your battery and its performance.
As a consumable component of our devices, batteries are not covered under Oura's 1-Year Limited Warranty.