Product Safety & Use
Learn how to safely use your Oura ring with this guide.
Use, Care, and Maintenance
- Remember to thoroughly wash and dry both your hands and your Oura Ring.
- If it works for your hands, it works for your ring. Hand sanitizer is safe to use.
- If you're observing more stringent hand washing protocols, you can follow the same steps as you would with other jewelry and remove your ring while scrubbing your hands to give the ring a separate cleanse.
- To clean your ring, use a soft cloth or wash the ring with mild soap and water. Always remember to dry off after washing your hands to prevent skin irritation. (If you experience skin irritation/redness on your finger remove the product immediately. If symptoms persist longer than 2-3 days, while not using your Oura product, please contact a dermatologist/medical professional).
Use and Maintenance
- You can wear your Oura Ring 24/7. It's built for all-day comfort.
- The ring is water-resistant up to 328 ft. (100m).
- If your skin can take the heat, then the ring can too! Hot tubs and saunas are safe.
- To prevent scratching/internal damage avoid wearing the ring when strength training, working with heavy tools or carrying heavy objects made of metal, ceramic, or stone.
- Keep the ring away from children.
- Do not leave the ring exposed to heat for extended periods.
- Do not puncture the ring or its battery.
- Be careful handling batteries when wearing your ring. In certain cases where both the cathode and the anode of a battery touch the ring, there is a risk of battery short circuit, similar to standard metallic rings.
In the event your ring gets stuck on your finger, please heed the following suggestions.
- Use cold water and a small amount of soap, wet your finger, and slowly twist the ring to remove it.
- Hold your hand up above your heart until your blood pressure lowers, and then try to remove the ring.
In case of emergency, cut the ring with a ring cutter from the palm side of the finger- the ring’s thinnest point. This prevents the battery from being cut. Do not cut along the ridge of the Balance or in the flat plane of the Heritage.
The lithium-ion polymer battery should not have electrolyte flowing, but, in case electrolyte comes in contact with your skin or eyes, flush it out with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Titanium with PVD coating in silver rings.
- Titanium with Diamond-like Carbon Coating (DLC) in other models.
- Non-allergenic, non-metallic, seamless inner molding
- Memory capacity: 6 weeks
- Battery: rechargeable 15mAh (US6) - 22mAh (US13) Lipo battery, non-replaceable
- Battery life: Up to 7 days, depending on sleep and activity levels. (Dispose of the ring and battery in accordance with applicable local laws and regulations. Special handling may be required.)
- Operating temperature: -10 – 54C / 14 – 129F (you can wear the ring in sauna/hot tub)
- Width: 7.9mm
- Thickness: 2.55mm — size of a wedding band
- Weight: 4 to 6 grams (depending on ring size) — lighter than a conventional ring
- Charging: wireless charging with Oura charger
- Charging time: 20-80 minutes
- Charging temperature: 0 - 54C / 32 – 129F (room temperature recommended).
- Charger power cord/voltage: USB Type-C connector. USB nominal 5V. (Charger shall be supplied by a power source that shall meet with clause 2.5 of the standard for limited power supply. Charger complies with EN/IEC 60950-1 international safety standard for IT equipment.)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth Smart®)
- Ring firmware updates: automatic firmware updates via Oura app
- The Oura app: Available in the App and Google Play Stores
- Oura app compatibility: see ouraring.com/compatibility
- Privacy: data encryption, secure pairing of the ring and the app
Oura services are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition. The information and guidance provided by Oura's services are intended for informational purposes only and cannot replace the services of medical professionals or physicians. You should always consult a physician if you have any questions regarding medical conditions and/or any changes you intend to make to your sleep or activity based on the information or guidance from Oura. Do not disregard professional medical advice, or delay seeking it because of information received from Oura services.
Oura is not responsible for any health problems that may result from information or guidance you learn about through the Oura services. If you make any changes to your sleep or activity based on the Oura services, you agree that you do so fully at your own risk. If you feel any pain, fatigue, or discomfort as a result of changes in your sleep or activity habits, consult your physician or another medical professional.
To avoid injury, make sure that your ring does not get caught on fixed structures or heavy objects.