If you’ve ever wondered how a specific lifestyle behavior or decision, such as spending more time in direct sunshine, exercising more often, drinking coffee late in the afternoon, or having a glass of wine near your bedtime truly impacts your sleep and overall wellness, Oura’s Tags feature is a great place to start.
With Tags, you can explore how individual habits and choices affect your quality of sleep and Readiness, which puts the “guessing game” to rest. By using Tags, you can stop assuming what may or may not be right for improving your personal health.
Get started with Tags using the simple steps outlined below.
Start Using Tags
To add a tag:
- Tap the + button in the bottom right-hand corner of the Oura home tab.
- Tap 'Add a Tag'.
- Select a tag from the provided list by tapping on one.
- Add a custom note, if you wish, by tapping 'Add a comment'.
- Select a date and time.
- Tap 'Done' in the upper right-hand corner.
When to Add a Tag
You should add a Tag at the time your specific activity, intervention, feeling, or choice takes place. For example, if you begin to suffer from a headache and would like to add it as Tag, we recommend opening your Oura app at that very moment to do so.
For clarification, you can add a Tag for any time and date that you’d like, which means you’re able to retroactively add one if you happen to forget in the moment. However, we do recommend trying to document your Tag as close to the time of occurrence as possible to enhance the accuracy of your results when interpreting Tags in the Trend view. You can learn more about viewing your Tags in Trends in the sub-section below, labeled ‘How can I view my Tags in Trends?’
Edit or Delete a Tag
To edit or remove tags, follow the steps below.
- Select the date your tag was added in the calendar atop Oura's home tab by tapping 'Today'.
- Scroll to the bottom of the home tab to view your tags below 'Activities'.
- Tap the tag you would like to edit or delete.
- Change the tag or edit the comment, date, or time—or tap 'Delete Tag entry' to remove it.
- Tap 'Done' once you've finished editing a tag, or confirm your desire to delete a tag by tapping 'Delete' when prompted.
1. Do tags impact my daily scores?
Tags do not have an impact on your daily Sleep, Readiness, or Activity Scores. You can observe how Tags reveal changes in metrics related to your Sleep, Readiness, and Activity Scores by viewing them in Trends.
2. Can I add a custom tag?
There isn't a custom tag feature at the moment. If you'd like, you can add a comment to your tags by tapping 'Add a comment' prior to tapping 'Done'.
3. Will Oura be adding more tags?
The Oura tag selection will continue to change based on feedback from the Oura Community. Feel free to send us your suggestions here. We regularly release new tags with updates of the Oura app, so please be sure to always update to the latest version of your Oura app and keep an eye on the ever-growing tag collection.