Beyond viewing your daily insights each morning when you wake up, or waiting for your Weekly Report to arrive, Oura offers you the benefit of viewing your Sleep, Readiness and Activity patterns with Trends. Using daily, weekly, and monthly Trend views, you’re able to dig deeper into all your personal metrics and understand how they’ve changed and, or improved with time.
Below, we’ll outline how you can get started with Trends in the Oura app. We’ll also touch on how using tags in Trends might be your best next step in figuring out how to improve your sleep quality, recovery, or daily activity.
Scenarios Where You Might Use Trends
The following are a few scenarios where you may want to consider using Trends. If you find yourself asking similar questions, Trends may prove to be a useful tool for you.
• You find yourself feeling abnormally tired and want to consider—have I experienced any declines in my total sleep time, deep sleep, or sleep efficiency in the past few days that may be playing a role?
• You find yourself straying from your usual nightly routine and want to consider—how have my bedtimes varied over the past month?
• You sense that you’re beginning to get sick and want to consider—has my body temperature gradually increased outside of its normal range, or has my Readiness Score declined gradually over the course of the past week?
View Trends in the Oura App
To view your Trends in the Oura app:
1. Tap the menu icon (≡) icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Oura Home tab.
2. Tap 'Trends'.
3. Tap the Sleep, Readiness, or Activity tab.
4. Tap on a metric (e.g., “Activity goal completion”) to view your data over time.
5. Tap the Daily, Weekly, or Monthly time period.
Use Tags in Trends
If you’ve had the chance to check out Trends in your Oura app and happened to notice the ‘Highlight days tagged with’ option beneath your trendline, perhaps you’ve considered what this is all about. As a quick intro, tags are how you can determine what behaviors and daily actions actually tie into the Sleep, Readiness, and Activity Trends you view over time.
By adding tags, you’ll be able to discover what activities or habits are causing dips, peaks, or stability in your trendlines. To get started with using tags, jump to our article on how to use Tags in Oura. This article will walk you through how to add tags in your Oura app, how to view them in Trends, and some best practices to keep in mind for when to look out for emerging patterns in various trendlines.