For further information on setting up your Oura Ring, please see Set Up an Oura Ring.
The Oura App is supported on iOS devices running Apple iOS 14 and higher, or Android devices running Android 8.0 and higher with Google Play services. Your device must support Bluetooth 4.0.
Set Up the Oura App
- Download the free Oura App from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android)
- Make sure that your device's Bluetooth is enabled, then open the Oura App
- Tap Start
- Enter your email address and tap Continue
- If you are signing in to an existing account with a verified email, enter your password and select Sign in
- If you are creating or verifying a new account, tap Send setup email
- Check your inbox for an account set up email. Tap the Set up account button or the verification link, which will take you to a separate verification page
- On the verification page, enter and confirm a new password
- Select the terms and conditions checkbox. If you'd like to receive Oura news, usage tips, and offers, enable that option as well
- Select Verify and save
- Return to the Oura App and select Continue
- On the next screen, select Begin to sync your data. This process may take a few minutes
- Place your ring on the charger and select Set up ring
- Allow the Oura App to use Bluetooth to start pairing with your Oura Ring. Your device will search for Oura Rings nearby
- When the app finds your ring, tap Connect. If there are multiple rings nearby, select your ring from the Rings near you list
- Tap Pair in the pop-up to allow Bluetooth pairing
- Tap Allow notifications if you wish to enable notifications
- You'll have the option to link your Oura App to third-party integrations, including Apple Health and Google Fit. For more information, see our articles on using app integrations with Oura
- Enter your Date of birth, Height, Weight, and Sex. Tap on your desired measurement system under Units, then tap Done. Please note, if you decide to use a third-party app like Apple Health or Google Fit, this personal information will update automatically from there. You will not be able to update this within the Oura App in the future
- If you are new to Oura, take a moment to answer some questions so that Oura can personalize your experience
Your Oura App is now set up
On the first day, you'll see your Activity data. Oura measures your resting heart rate, heart rate variability, and body temperature while you sleep, therefore you must wait until you've woken up the following day to see this data.
Discover the different features of the app with How to Use the Oura App.
Having trouble connecting your Oura Ring to your device? Try these troubleshooting steps.