For further information on setting up your Oura Ring, please see Set Up an Oura Ring.
The Oura App is supported on iOS devices running Apple iOS 14 and higher, or Android devices running Android 8.0 and higher with Google Play services. Your device must support Bluetooth 4.0.
Set Up the Oura App
- Download the free Oura App from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android)
- Make sure that your device's Bluetooth is enabled, then open the Oura App
- If you have an Oura account already set up, tap Sign in, and follow the on-screen instructions. If you're a first-time user, tap Create account and go to the next step
- Read and accept Oura's terms and conditions. If you'd like to receive news, offers, and usage tips from Oura, enable that option as well
- Enter the email address you used while purchasing your ring. If you received your Oura Ring as a gift: your account email address is the one that the purchaser entered in "Recipient's information" during checkout
- Enter a password for your Oura account, then tap Create account
- Verify that your email address is correct, and tap Continue
- Place your ring on the charger and make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone, then tap Continue
- Allow the Oura App to use Bluetooth to start pairing with your Oura Ring. Your device will search for Oura Rings nearby
- Under Rings near you, tap on your ring
- Tap Pair to allow Bluetooth pairing
- Tap Allow notifications if you wish to enable notifications
- You'll have the option to link your Oura App to third-party integrations, including Apple Health and Google Fit. Key metrics recorded by Oura will also be visible in these fitness apps. To enable these options, please see our articles on using app integrations with Oura
- Enter your Date of birth, Height, Weight, and Biological sex. Tap on your desired measurement system under Units, then tap Done. Please note, if you decide to use a third-party app like Apple Health or Google Fit, this personal information will update automatically from there. You will not be able to update this within the Oura App in the future
- If you are new to Oura, take a moment to answer some questions so that Oura can personalize your experience
- Let's get started! Your Oura App is now set up
On the first day, you'll see your Activity data. Oura measures your resting heart rate, heart rate variability, and body temperature while you sleep, therefore you must wait until you've woken up the following day to see this data.
Discover the different features of the app with How to Use the Oura App.
Having trouble connecting your Oura Ring to your device? Try these troubleshooting steps.