Transfer Your Oura Data to a New Device
The Oura App supports transferring your Oura account data from one device to another. In order for your previous account data to be visible on your new device, the devices must be of the same operating system (e.g. iOS to iOS).
To transfer your Oura account data from one device to another, follow the steps below.
Disconnect Your Oura Ring from Your Device
1. Back up your Oura data. Go to the menu in the upper left-hand corner of the Home tab > Settings > Back up all data.
2. *This step (2) should only be completed when switching operating systems
Perform a factory reset. Tap the ring in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab > Swipe left > Scroll down and tap Factory reset.
3. Force close the Oura App.
4. Open your device's Bluetooth settings.
5. Disconnect and forget the device listed as "oura_A038xxx".
6. Uninstall the Oura App.
Connect Your Oura Ring to a New Device
1. Install the Oura App on your device.
2. Place your ring on its charger, connected to a power source.
3. Launch the Oura App, and log in to your Oura account.
4. With your ring still on the charger, follow the in-app connection process.
5. If the ring hasn't already been factory reset, the app will go into Restricted Mode and ask you to reset the ring to factory settings to proceed. Choose Factory reset, then tap OK. Make sure you go into your phone's Settings, select Bluetooth, and remove the ring from the listed connected devices.
6. After resetting the ring, the app will ask you to connect the ring and app again (step 4).
7. Once the ring and app have been reconnected, you can start wearing the ring once again.
Are you receiving the "Something went wrong" Error Message?
If you're upgrading your iPhone and connecting from an IOS device to a newer IOS device, you may receive an error message stating "Something went wrong". If this happens, follow these few steps below:
1. Make sure your Oura Ring is completely disconnected from the Bluetooth on your old device, and the app is uninstalled on your old device.
2. On your new device, uninstall the Oura App again.
3. Lastly, reinstall the Oura App on your new device again.
Keep in Mind
If you're switching from Android to iOS or iOS to Android, you won’t be able to view your Oura data after downloading the Oura App on your new device.
However, this information will still be available in Oura on the web