The Oura App supports transferring your Oura account data from one device to another. In order for your previous account data to be visible on your new device, the devices must be of the same operating system.
Transfer Data to New Phone or Tablet
To transfer your ring data and Oura account to a new phone, tablet, or other supported device:
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection
- Back up your ring data by tapping the menu in the upper left-hand corner of the app's Home tab > Select "Settings " > Select "Back up all data"
- Factory reset your ring by selecting the ring icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab > swipe left > scroll down to "Tools" > tap "Factory reset"
- Force close the Oura App
- In your device's Bluetooth settings, remove your ring ("oura_A038xxx") from the list of connected devices
- Place your ring on the charger, connected to a power source
- Install the Oura App on your new phone
- Follow the in-app instructions to log in to your account and connect your ring
- Once you have successfully signed in with your current account email address, uninstall the Oura App from your old phone
If your old device is lost or otherwise inoperable, your ring will go into Restricted Mode when attempting to pair with a new device. In this case, the Oura App will prompt you to factory reset the ring, which will turn off Restricted Mode. Data saved on the ring since your last sync will be erased, but any historical data saved before that will still be available.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Oura App
- Restart your device
- Factory reset your ring
"Something went wrong" error
If you're upgrading your iPhone and connecting from a newer iOS device, you may receive an error message stating "Something went wrong". If this happens:
- Make sure your Oura Ring is completely disconnected from the Bluetooth on your old device, and the app is uninstalled on your old device
- Uninstall and reinstall the Oura App on your new device
Switching operating systems
If you're switching from Android to iOS or iOS to Android, you won’t be able to view your past Oura data on your new device. However, this information will still be available in Oura on the Web.