If you plan on taking a break from wearing your Oura Ring, we recommend enabling power saving mode. This will help prevent potential battery deterioration.
To enable power saving mode:
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection
- Place your ring on the charger until it reaches at least 50%
- Go to the menu in the upper left-hand corner of the Oura App's Home tab
- Select Settings > Back up all data
- When the backup is complete, take your ring off the charger and place it on a flat surface
- Factory reset your ring by selecting the ring icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab > swipe left > scroll down to Tools > tap Factory reset
- When the factory reset is complete, keep the ring off the charger and on a flat surface without moving it for two minutes
- In your device's Bluetooth settings, remove your ring ("oura_A038xxx") from the list of connected devices
Your Oura App will ask you to reconnect your ring. Do not proceed to reconnect it. After two minutes, your ring will go into power saving mode and can be stored safely.
To start using your Oura Ring again, simply place your ring on its charger and follow the in-app instructions reconnect your ring with the Oura App.
Keep in mind: Storing your Oura Ring for an extended period of time (2+ weeks) without following these steps may affect the longevity of your battery and its performance.
As a consumable component of our devices, batteries are not covered under Oura's Limited Warranty.