Product Safety & Use
This article contains tips on how to take care of your ring, safety information, and other best practices to consider when using your Oura Ring.
Care, Use, and Maintenance
• If your Oura Ring becomes dirty, you can rinse it with a small amount of mild dish soap and water. Remember to thoroughly dry both your hands and your Oura Ring before placing it back on your finger.
• Hand sanitizer is safe to use. If it works for your hands, it works for your ring!
• If you're following more stringent hand washing protocols, you can follow the same steps you would with other jewelry and remove your ring while scrubbing your hands to give the ring a separate cleanse.
• You can wear your Oura Ring 24/7. It's built for all-day comfort.
• The ring is water-resistant up to ~330 ft. (100m).
• If your skin can take the heat, the Oura Ring can too! Hot tubs and saunas are safe.
• Keep the ring away from small children.
• To prevent scratching or other damage, avoid wearing the ring when strength training, working with heavy tools or carrying heavy objects made of metal, ceramic, or stone.
• Don't leave the ring exposed to heat for extended periods.
• Don't puncture the ring or its battery.
• Pay attention when handling batteries while wearing your Oura Ring. In certain cases where both the cathode and the anode of another battery touch the ring, there is a risk of a short circuit, similar to standard metallic rings.
In the event your ring gets stuck on your finger, please try the following suggestions.
• Use cold water and a small amount of soap, wet your finger, and slowly twist the ring to remove it.
• Hold your hand up above your heart until your blood pressure lowers, and then try to remove the ring.
In case of emergency, cut the ring with a ring cutter from the palm side of the finger— the ring’s thinnest point. This prevents the battery from being cut. Don't cut along the ridge of the Balance model or on the flat plane of the Heritage.
The lithium-ion polymer battery shouldn't have electrolyte flowing, but, in case electrolyte comes in contact with your skin or eyes, flush it out with water and seek immediate medical attention.
• Titanium with PVD coating in silver rings.
• Titanium with diamond-like carbon coating (DLC) in all other models.
• Non-allergenic, non-metallic, seamless inner molding
• Memory capacity: 6 weeks
• Battery: rechargeable 15mAh (US6) - 22mAh (US13) Lipo battery, non-replaceable
• Operating temperature: -10 – 54C / 14 – 129F
• Width: 7.9mm
• Thickness: 2.55mm—the size of a wedding band
• Weight: 4 to 6 grams (depending on ring size)—lighter than a conventional ring
• Charging: conductive wireless charging
• Charging time: 20-80 minutes
• Charging temperature: 0-54C / 32 – 129F (room temperature recommended).
• Charger power cord/voltage: USB Type-C connector. USB nominal 5V. (Charger shall be supplied by a power source that shall meet with clause 2.5 of the standard for limited power supply. Charger complies with EN/IEC 60950-1 international safety standard for IT equipment.)
• Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth Smart®)
• Ring firmware updates: automatic firmware updates via Oura app
• The Oura app: available in the App and Google Play Stores
• Privacy: data encryption, a secure pairing of the ring and the app
Oura services are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition. The information and guidance provided by Oura's services are intended for informational purposes only and cannot replace the services of medical professionals or physicians. You should always consult a physician if you have any questions regarding medical conditions and/or any changes you intend to make to your sleep or activity based on the information or guidance from Oura. Do not disregard professional medical advice, or delay seeking it because of information received from Oura services.
Oura is not responsible for any health problems that may result from information or guidance you learn about through the Oura services. If you make any changes to your sleep or activity based on the Oura services, you agree that you do so fully at your own risk. If you feel any pain, fatigue, or discomfort as a result of changes in your sleep or activity habits, consult your physician or another medical professional.
To avoid injury, make sure your ring doesn't get caught on fixed structures or heavy objects.
Information on EMF
The Oura ring is a Bluetooth Smart®, class 2 device. Bluetooth is only active during a small portion of each day—well below 1%. Data is transmitted continuously when the ring is syncing with the app and during firmware updates. The Bluetooth signal and advertising are turned off when you’re inactive or sleeping.
The limit for Specific Absorption Rate(SAR) for a device like the Oura Ring is 2.0 W/kg for head and body. The Oura ring’s SAR level is 0.0003 W/kg.
Proposition 65 Warning
Oura's products may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
To read more about Proposition 65, otherwise known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, please visit the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment's (OEHHA) official site.