The Oura Ring has consistently been an industry-leading wearable to track sleep, nighttime biosignals, and daily activity. We continue to improve upon each generation of the Oura Ring with new hardware sensors and software features. Only Gen3 rings and chargers are currently available for purchase.
Oura Ring Generation 2
The Gen2 ring and charger are no longer available for purchase.
The Gen2 ring was available in Balance and Heritage models, with Stealth, Black, Silver, or Gold finishes.
Generation 2 hardware included:
- Infrared (IR) LEDs for monitoring nighttime heart rate and respiratory rate
- Accelerometers to capture daily movement, steps, and automatically detected workouts
- Negative temperature coefficient (NTC) sensors
- USB charger with white LED
- Titanium with physical vapor deposition (PVD) coating for Gold and Silver colors
- Titanium with diamond-like carbon coating (DLC) for Black and Stealth colors
- Nighttime resting heart rate, heart rate variability, skin temperature, and respiratory rate measurements
- Steps and daily movement tracking
- Automatic activity detection, without location services
- We will continue to support Gen2 rings with routine software and firmware updates
Oura Ring Generation 1
The Gen1 Oura Ring is no longer available for purchase. Customer support and firmware/software updates are also no longer supported for Gen1.
The Gen1 ring was available in one model — in Stealth Black, Arctic White, or Mirror Black colors — and could be used to monitor sleep and daily activity.
Gen1 hardware and sensors included:
- Infrared (IR) LEDs, for nighttime biosignals and sleep stages detection
- 3D accelerometers, for daily activity and nighttime movement detection
- Temperature sensor, for nighttime skin temperature differences
- Made of Zirconia (ZrO2), with a medical grade, 100% non-allergenic, nickel free, and non-metallic inside molding
- USB connected charger with white LED
Oura used these physiological data signals to calculate deep sleep, light sleep, REM sleep, and awake states. This information, together with your daytime activity data, indicated your recovery and readiness for the next day.