The Oura App is supported on iOS devices running Apple iOS 15 and higher, or Android devices running Android 8.0 and higher with Google Play services. Your device must support Bluetooth 4.0.
For further information on setting up your Oura Ring, please see Set Up an Oura Ring.
Get Started with the Oura App
- Download the free Oura App from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android)
- Open the Oura App and tap Start
Enter the email used in the checkout process. This email will be used as your account login across all of Oura's services. Tap Continue
- See this article for how to change your account's associated email address
If you already have an existing account with a verified email, you can follow the in-app instructions to sign in to the Oura App. Otherwise, you’ll need to create or verify an account. On the Oura App, tap Send setup email
- If you need to set up a new Oura Ring, follow the in-app instructions or see this article for more information
- Once you’ve completed setting up your Oura Ring, tap Send setup email
Set Up Your Oura Account
After you’ve tapped Send setup email, check your inbox for an account set up email. In the email, select the Set up account button or the verification link to take you to a verification page.
On the verification page, enter and confirm a new password
- Select the terms and conditions checkbox. If you'd like to receive Oura news, usage tips, and offers, select that checkbox as well
Enter your billing address associated with a payment method that you'll use for your Oura Membership
- Oura Membership provides full access to the Oura App for daily health insights, personalized recommendations, an ever-growing suite of innovative features, and more. See this article to learn more about the benefits of Oura Membership
- There are some situations where members do not need to enter their billing address or payment information (such as someone with a Lifetime Membership)
- Enter a payment method you’ll use for your Oura Membership, such as a credit card or PayPal. This information ensures that you keep your Oura Membership when your complimentary 30-day membership trial ends
- Review the information you’ve entered is correct, then tap Submit
- Tap Return to the Oura App
Once you've returned to the Oura App, your account and membership setup are complete.
Personalize Your Oura Experience
On the next screen, select Begin to sync your data. This process may take a few minutes
- If the Oura App asks you to set up a new Oura Ring, follow the in-app instructions or see this article for more information
- You'll have the option to link your Oura App to third-party integrations, including Apple Health and Health Connect by Android. For more information, see our articles on using app integrations with Oura
Enter your Date of birth, Height, Weight, and Sex. Tap on your desired measurement system under Units, then tap Done
- If you decide to use a third-party app like Apple Health or Health Connect by Android, this personal information will update automatically from there. You will not be able to update this within the Oura App in the future
- If you are new to Oura, take a moment to answer some questions so that Oura can personalize your experience
Your Oura App is now set up.
On the first day, you'll see your Activity data. Oura measures your resting heart rate, heart rate variability, and body temperature while you sleep, therefore, you must wait until you've woken up the following day to see this data.
Discover the different features with How to Use the Oura App.
Having trouble connecting your Oura Ring to your device? Try these troubleshooting steps.