This article contains answers to frequently asked questions related to returns and is broken up into the following sections:
• Return Process & Exchanges
• Refunds & Payment
• Tracking & Order Number
Returns Process & Exchanges
1. What’s Oura's return policy?
Our return policy can be found here.
2. How do I return my ring?
You can find detailed instructions on how to initiate a return here.
Before sending an item back, please make sure you have received a return authorization number from our support team. Any items sent back to Oura without the appropriate steps taken or information provided cannot be credited or exchanged and will not be sent back.
To obtain a return authorization number, please submit a request here.
3. Why doesn’t Oura provide a return label?
Per our return policy, customers are responsible for the shipping costs of returns. If you are exchanging a ring, your new ring will be shipped to you free of charge.
4. I don’t have the original packaging. Can I still return my ring?
You can use any other packaging to return the ring set—please make sure it is packed securely and you follow the rest of the return instructions provided by our team.
5. Can I exchange my ring for one in a different price range?
A direct exchange for a model in a different price range is not possible. In this case, you will need to return your ring for a refund and proceed with a new purchase.
6. Can you send me a new ring prior to returning my current ring?
Per our return policy, we need to receive your ring before we can place a new order. We can't hold deposits on credit cards either. If you prefer to not go through this exchange process, you can purchase a new ring via our webshop and return the current one for a refund, as an alternative. Please note: shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
7. Can I purchase a new ring and then return my ring?
You may purchase a new ring in our webshop and then return your current ring for a refund. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
8. I’ve already exchanged my ring for another size. Can I change or return it once more?
According to Oura’s return policy, we only allow one return or exchange per original order. Size, model, and color changes are not allowed after one exchange has already been completed.
Keep in mind: we don’t allow a return for a refund after an exchange order has been placed.
9. I didn’t receive a sizing kit with my original ring. Can you send a sizing kit before I decide what size I'd like to exchange my ring for?
With the purchase of your ring, you will be sent a complimentary sizing kit to confirm the size of your ring. If due to some error you have not received a sizing kit as part of your purchase, please send us a request through our support channel here.
10. Can you send an exchange ring to a different address/recipient?
We can send the exchange ring to a different address as long as it is in line with the countries we are able to ship to. A list of these countries can be found at the bottom of the page here. We will require the full name, address, phone number, and email address of the new recipient.
11. My ring wasn’t purchased from your website. Can I still return or exchange it?
Unfortunately, not. We only support returns and exchanges for orders that have been made through our webshop. If you bought the ring from a retail store, please contact the store directly for more information.
12. I accidentally purchased the wrong charger size. Can I exchange it?
Yes. Charger exchanges follow the same protocol as ring exchanges. Please follow the guidance included in our Returning Your Oura Ring article, which starts with a return request being submitted.
Note that you’ll have to prepay the return shipping cost of your original charger; however, your new charger will be shipped to you free of charge.
Refunds & Payments
1. When will my exchange or refund be processed? Will I be notified?
Once your return has been received, we reserve 10 days for refund or exchange processing. All returns are processed in sequential order. You will receive a confirmation email once your return has been processed.
2. Can you hold a deposit on my card and send a new ring prior to my current ring return?
Unfortunately, we can't hold deposits on credit cards.
3. Do I need to prepay for an exchange ring shipment?
If you are exchanging your ring, a new ring will be shipped to you free of charge.
4. Can you issue a refund to a different card or bank account?
All returns will be credited to the original method of payment. We cannot refund to another card or bank account.
5. What if I don’t see a refund transaction on my account?
Please allow a couple of banking days for the refund to show on your account you made the purchase with. We also recommend checking the refund with your bank. Sometimes if the card has been closed, your bank will transfer the money to another existing card or account. You can also send us a support request if you were not able to identify the refund transaction within a week after receiving an email confirmation from our side.
6. I lost the charger/ring, can I return the remaining item for a refund?
If the order was placed for a ring set (Oura Ring + charger), we aren’t able to accept a partial return for a partial refund from a full set order.
If you decide to continue using the ring, you can purchase a new charger from our webshop here.
7. I purchased an extra charger. Can I return it for a refund or charger size exchange?
Yes, you can return the charger if it was purchased as a separate item and is in line with our return policy.
Tracking & Order Number
1. Why does Oura need me to provide my tracking number?
A return cannot be processed until the item is received. The tracking number helps us to follow up on the delivery status and to speed up the request completion.
2. What if I don’t have a tracking number?
We recommend you purchase tracking services for your protection and to also save the shipping receipt for your records. Only items received by our warehouse can be credited. OURA is not responsible for items lost in transit and the return cannot be processed until the item is received and checked at the return facilities. The absence of the tracking number might delay your request resolution.
3. What if I don’t have the order number since the ring was a gift? Can I still return it for a refund?
You can return the ring for a refund within 30 days from the original order receipt date. However, please be aware that we can credit only the original payment method, meaning the person who bought the ring will receive a refund. If we cannot locate your order number, we are unable to process the request. We recommend that you get in touch with the person who gifted you the ring and ask for the order number. To help us to identify the order number, you can also provide the email address that was used for the original order, your current ring model, and size.