Resetting your ring to its factory settings will only erase the data stored on the ring itself. Previous data history that has been synced to your Oura account will not be affected.
To perform a factory reset:
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection
- Place your ring on the charger until it reaches at least 50%
- Go to the menu in the upper left-hand corner of the Oura App's Home tab
- Select Settings > Back up all data
- When the backup is complete, take your ring off the charger and place it on a flat surface
- Factory reset your ring by selecting the ring icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab > swipe left > scroll down to Tools > tap Factory reset
- When the factory reset is complete, keep the ring off the charger and on a flat surface without moving it for two minutes
- In your device's Bluetooth settings, remove your ring ("oura_A038xxx") from the list of connected devices
Once you've completed the ring factory reset, your Oura App will display a "Connect your Oura Ring" message, indicating that the process is complete and your ring is now cleared of all previous data.
If you wish to re-sync your personal account data with your ring, tap Continue. To sync your data onto a new ring, follow the instructions in this article to Set Up a Replacement Ring.