Complete a Factory Reset
Resetting your ring to its factory settings will only erase the data stored on the ring itself. Previous data history that has been synced to your Oura account will not be affected.
To perform a factory reset:
- Open the Oura App.
- Go to the menu ☰ in the upper left-hand corner of the Home tab.
- Tap Settings > Back up all data (this can take 3-5 seconds).
- Tap in the upper left-hand corner to return to the Home tab.
- Tap the ring in the upper right-hand corner > Swipe left > Factory reset.
Once you've completed the ring factory reset:
- Go to your phone's Settings, and select Bluetooth.
- Remove the ring from the listed of connected devices.
- Return to the Oura App.
You'll see a "Connect your Oura ring" message, indicating that the process is complete and your ring is now cleared of all previous data.
If you wish to re-sync your personal account data with your ring, tap Continue. To sync your data onto a new ring, follow the instructions in this article to Set Up a Replacement Ring.