Troubleshoot Charging Issues
Having trouble charging your Oura Ring? This article contains several fixes and recommendations for charging issues.
If you need to purchase a new charger, please do so here. Be sure to select the proper charger size based on your current ring size. To check your ring size, look on the inside of your Oura Ring (listed next to the QR code), or tap the ring in the upper right-hand corner of the Oura Home tab and swipe left.
Initial Troubleshooting Steps
- Ensure your ring is resting properly on the size-specific dock. If it is, a small light will appear on the front of the charger.
- Try using a different USB-A to USB-C charging cable.
- Turn the USB-C cable 180 degrees, and reinsert in the ring charger.
- Try using a different power brick or source.
Charger or Ring Issue?
If the initial troubleshooting steps didn't work, the next step is to determine the cause of the issue—ring or charger. Try a simple home charger test.
To perform the test, follow the steps below.
1. Begin by plugging your Oura Ring charger cable into a power source.
2. Next, place the metal end of a separate USB cable in front of where the ring usually sits, above the light, as displayed in the graphic below.
Note: You’ll need to ensure that the metal portion of the USB cable is pushed up against the center of your charger, where the Oura Ring sits. If the two are not touching, the light source will likely not be triggered on.
If you’re unable to get your charger light to turn on using steps 1 and 2, try placing your ring on the charger one last time to see if the charger light illuminates.
• If your charger illuminates, it is functional and your ring is likely causing the issue. If this is the case, please submit a request and our team will provide assistance as soon as we can.
• If the charger light does not illuminate, this likely indicates that the charger itself is defective. Please provide a photo/video of the troubleshooting shown above when submitting a request to our team so when can verify the issue.
Keep in mind: chargers are covered under the 2-year warranty that comes with your Oura Ring. If we’re able to verify you have a defective charger via photo/video evidence, we will provide you with a replacement.