Oura offers the ability to sync your data with a number of third-party apps, including Google Fit.
Note: Oura's Google Fit integration is available for members with Gen2 rings, and Gen3 members with an active membership.
Setting Up Google Fit
While setting up your account after first downloading the Oura App, you will have the option to enable Google Fit. If you chose not to enable Google Fit during the initial setup process, you can use the steps below to integrate the apps at a later time.
In the Oura App
- Go to the menu in the upper left-hand corner of the Home tab
- Tap Settings > Tap Google Fit
- Enable the following parameters:
- Connect to Google Fit
- Import Workouts from Google Fit
- Mindful minutes to Google Fit
To confirm you have successfully integrated Google Fit:
- Open Google Fit
- Tap Profile, then tap the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Tap Manage connected apps
- Ensure Oura is listed as a connected app
You can find more information about Oura & Google Fit on our blog.
Data Synced with Google Fit
When you sync your Oura data, Google Fit updates will appear after you've completed an activity or workout. You can choose to import and export the following data:
Exported from Oura to Google Fit
- Mindful Minutes: Guided and unguided Sessions
- Sleep Measurements:
- Nighttime Resting Heart Rate
- Sleep Duration
- Wake Time
Imported from Google Fit to Oura
- Activity Type
- Start Time
App Integration Troubleshooting
If you are having trouble syncing data between Oura and a third-party app, please try the following troubleshooting steps.
Please make sure your phone is on the latest version of its operating system, and follow these steps:
- Open the Oura App
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to "Data Sharing" and select the appropriate app integration
- Turn all the settings switches off and then turn them back on
As a final step, turn your device on and off again before trying to import another workout through the integration.
Reinstall Oura App
To backup and reinstall the Oura App:
- Open the Oura App
- Select the menu icon in the top left-hand corner
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to "Account"
- Select "Back up all data"
- When the back up is finished, uninstall and reinstall the Oura App
If you link your Oura App to a third party app such as Apple Health or Google Fit, your height, weight, age, and sex will be imported from those apps into Oura, and you will not be able to edit them unless you unlink the apps.
The Oura App might not import data from integrations if both apps were not opened before midnight, if "Background App Refresh" is disabled, or if "Lower Power Mode" is enabled. Open both Oura and the integrated app at least once a day to prevent this.
The Oura App will only sync workouts for the current day. If you are having trouble syncing your workout, verify that "Date Added" matches the date on which the workout occurred. If the imported workout includes calorie data, you can't manually edit the data in the Oura App. Edit the calorie info through the app used to track your workout.
When tracking activity, Oura only records your active calories. These calories include the calories you burn during exercise and not your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR, the number of calories required to keep your body functioning while at rest). Other fitness trackers and health apps will combine active calories and BMR. As a result, their calorie burn estimations may differ slightly from Oura's.
If you are still having trouble, you can contact our support team here.