Manually add workouts within your Oura App to ensure you receive credit for every activity. The app supports a wide range of workout types, and provides for the ability to add custom activities as well.
What is Manually Add a Workout?
Most activity and movement recognized by your Oura Ring is automatically recorded within the app, and counts toward your Activity Score, including steps and workouts recorded with Automatic Activity Detection. Activity is one of the key components of calculating your Readiness Score through Previous day activity and Activity balance contributors. Capturing all types of movements helps improve the Oura activity detection algorithm and provides better insight messages.
However, the app does not automatically detect some unsupported workouts, workouts under ten minutes in duration, or activity you undertake while not wearing an Oura Ring (unless imported from a third-party app). Manually adding a workout provides a way to fill in these gaps.
How to Manually Add a Workout
To manually add a workout:
- Tap the "+" button in the bottom-right corner of the Oura App's Home tab
- Select "Add a workout"
- Choose a workout
- Your three most recent workouts will be displayed at the top. (If this is your first time manually adding a workout, these choices default to "Running," "Walking," and "Cycling")
- iOS only: Select "More workouts" for a searchable list of 50+ options
- iOS only: If you don't see the desired workout, select "Other" (at the bottom of the list) and enter an activity name for it
- Select "Done" in the upper right-hand corner to save your workout
- Confirmed workouts appear in the Home tab under "Activities," and in the Activity tab under "Workouts"