How to Use Your Gen3 Charger
Introducing the Gen3 Charger
Every Oura Ring purchase comes with a charging kit, consisting of a charging dock and USB cable (Type-C), which will need to be connected to a separate power source (e.g., laptop or power brick).
Gen2 and Gen3 chargers are compatible with both Gen2 and Gen3 rings. However, the Gen3 charger includes a new red-green-blue (RGB) LED to help communicate its charging status to you. Please note, this color functionality is not supported when charging a Gen2 ring on a Gen3 charger.
A few things to keep in mind (while referencing the chart below):
• You’ll see a blinking blue light when your ring is not currently paired to your device or Oura app to indicate your ring’s Bluetooth is ready to connect. You should see this under two circumstances: (1) you’re setting up your ring for the first time or (2) you’ve performed a factory reset on your ring and did not re-pair it to your device and Oura app immediately after the fact.
• If you see a blinking red light on your charger while your ring is placed on top, please take it on and off the charger a few times to see if you’re able to establish a proper charging connection (indicated by a flashing white light). If you attempt this and still see a blinking red light after several tries, please reach out to our team here.
• If you plug your charger in without your ring placed on top, you should see one single flash of white light to indicate your charger works appropriately.
All Oura Ring chargers are size-specific and intended to be used with the ring it was shipped with. Your charger’s size can be found on its underside. You can find your ring size on the inner band of your Oura Ring, next to the QR code. You can also tap the battery icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab on your Oura app, then swipe left. You’ll see it listed to the right of ‘Model and size,’ directly beneath the image of your ring.
Charging Your Ring
Your Oura Ring can take anywhere from 20-80 minutes to fully charge, depending on its current battery level. You can check the battery level by tapping the battery icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home tab.
To charge your ring:
1. Connect the USB cable to your charging dock and plug the other end into a power source, such as a USB wall plug, laptop, or power brick.
2. Place your ring on the charging dock. The LED will pulse white while your ring is charging.
3. When the LED turns green, your ring is fully charged. You’ll receive a push notification from your Oura app when charging is complete. Keep in mind, this push notification will only appear if your Oura app is open and running in the background of your device (i.e., not forced closed). This also applies for low battery notifications.
If you’re setting up your ring for the first time, the charger’s LED will blink blue if you haven’t paired your ring, Oura app, and device over Bluetooth yet. Once you’ve paired your ring to your device via Bluetooth and successfully established a ring connection in your Oura app, the blinking blue will turn to solid blue, and then fade into white.
If the LED doesn't light up, check to see that your charger’s cable is properly connected and your ring is positioned correctly, ensuring good contact between your ring and the dock. If you're still having trouble, please refer to our charging troubleshooting guide.
If your charger’s LED turns red, there may be a problem with your ring. However, we ask that you try taking it on and off your charger a few times to see if you’re able to establish a proper charging connection (indicated by a flashing white light). If you attempt this and still see a blinking red light after several tries, please reach out to our team here. We'll be happy to assist you with next steps.
How to Purchase Replacements
Keep in mind: due to current manufacturing constraints and limited supply, we can only sell new chargers under necessary circumstances—such as charger misplacement or malfunctioning that would otherwise prevent you from being able to use your ring.
• If you've lost or broken your Gen2 or Gen3 charger set, you can reach out to our team here to purchase a new one.
• If you’d like to buy another Gen3 charger (with red-green-blue LED) for your convenience, please note this is not currently available. Our team is working to make individual Gen3 charger purchases accessible from our website as soon as possible.