Change Your Oura App Language
The Oura app is now available in English, Japanese, Finnish and German. We plan to add additional languages in the future! This article will help you update language preferences in the Oura app. The Oura app’s default language can be set to:
If your device's primary language preferences are set to English, Japanese, Finnish or German, the Oura app will automatically be updated to the same language reflected on your device.
How to Update Your Oura App Language
On iOS, in order to use languages other than English in the Oura app, you must add additional languages to your device’s preferred languages. You can complete this process using the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- General > Language & Region.
- Tap Other Languages below iPhone Language.
- Add English, Finnish or German, depending on your preference.
After completing these steps, remain in Settings and follow these steps to update the default language in the Oura app:
- Return to General > Settings.
- Scroll down to find Oura listed with your applications > Tap Oura.
- Tap Preferred language and select English, Japanese, Finnish or German from the list, depending on your preference.
If you're using an Android device, you cannot use a language in Oura different from your device's default language. This is a restriction of the Android operating system (OS).
However, if your device's language is set to a language other than English, Japanese, Finnish, or German, you'll need to set the language you'd like to use the Oura app in. In order to do so, you must set a secondary preferred language on your device's settings. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General management > Language and input > Language.
- Tap Edit.
- Set your preferred language for the Oura app (English, Japanese, Finnish or German) as a a secondary language (i.e., listed after the primary language).
*Please note that these steps may be slightly different depending on your Android's OS version.