Using Oura's API
Interested in using Oura's API? This article contains the information you need to get started.
The Oura API can be used to fetch your Oura data or build an integration that allows anyone to share their Oura data with a third-party service. If you're only interested in fetching your own data, continue reading to learn about Personal Access Tokens. To learn more about how to build an integration using an API Application, please visit this page.
Personal Access Tokens
Oura also offers personal access tokens for easier integration with the Oura Cloud API. These personal access tokens make integration easier for developers who want to programmatically fetch their Oura data from Oura’s Cloud API.
To get started with these personal access tokens, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Personal Access Tokens page.
- In the upper-right corner of the page click the ‘Create A New Personal Access Token’
- Enter a unique note for the new Personal Access Token you are about to generate
- Click ‘Create Personal Access Token’ to submit the form and create your new personal access token.
You should now have a new access token listed on the Personal Access Tokens page.
Be sure to copy this new token as you will not be able to view the token once you’ve navigated from this page. Click ‘Copy’ to copy the token value to your clipboard.
Using Your Personal Access Token
Once you've acquired your personal access token, it can be used to access the Oura API. There are two ways of providing the Personal Access Token:
- HTTP header: Include the personal access token in the authorization header like this:
GET /v1/userinfo HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Bearer PHCW3OVMXQZX5FJUR6ZK4FAA2MK2CWWA
- URL parameter: Add access_token parameter to the API call:
You can revoke your personal access tokens at any time in the event they leak.
If you have any questions related to Oura's API applications, please contact us.