Trouble Connecting (Android)
Connection Troubleshooting Steps
- Switch your mobile device's Bluetooth off, wait 5 seconds, and switch it back on.
- Restart the app (make sure to also close it from the background).
- Restart your mobile device.
Additional Steps (Follow in Order)
- Install the latest Oura app version.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- Place the ring on the charger, make sure it's charging near your mobile device.
- Make sure your ring isn't paired to any other device via Bluetooth (e.g. your old phone or tablet).
- Stop & close all other Bluetooth enabled apps on your mobile device.
- Make sure that location services are enabled on your mobile device. Google changed Bluetooth syncing permissions from Android 6.0 onward. Oura does not use or save location information.
- Make sure your mobile device has at least 20% battery and Power Saving mode is turned off.
- Turn off your device's WiFi, and make sure that there are no other radio-powered devices nearby (e.g. laptop).
- When you set up your new ring, pairing should be done via the Oura app, not the mobile device settings.
If the Issue Continues
Reset the Bluetooth connection between the ring and mobile device by 'forgetting' the ring in your Bluetooth settings:
- Close the Oura app (also from background).
- Go to mobile device Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Find your ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678), and tap the "i" or Settings icon to unpair/forget device.
- Open the app. The ring and app should reconnect.
Set up your ring as a new ring following these instructions.
If none of the tips above fix the issue:
- Clear the Bluetooth cache of your mobile device.
- - Go to 'Settings'
- - Select 'Application Manager'
- - Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
- - Select 'Bluetooth' from the larger list of Applications
- - Select 'Storage'
- - Tap 'Clear Cache'
- - Go back
- - Finally, restart the phone
- Reset the network settings of your mobile device. Note that this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. Resetting network settings will remove saved wi-fi networks and previously paired devices.
Please submit a request if all else fails. To speed up the process, provide your Oura account email, and perform a manual backup of your data: Settings > Account > Back up all data.
Note for Huawei users: Go to your mobile device settings > Battery > Launch > Oura > Manage manually > check all check boxes.