Firmware Update Failure
To update your ring firmware, your ring's battery level needs to be at least 50%. If your ring's firmware fails to update, the first thing to try is to reset your device's Bluetooth connection.
- Close the Oura app (also from the background). Connect the ring to the charger if available, and make sure that the charger light goes on.
- Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
- Find your Oura ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678). Tap the settings icon to unpair/forget the ring.
- Relaunch the app. The ring and app should reconnect after a few seconds.
- Retry the firmware update. Keep your ring close to the phone.
If resetting the Bluetooth connection doesn't do the trick, restarting your phone can help.
If the problem persists, please contact Oura support through the app's main menu. Please see also the current known issues.