Transferring Your Oura Ring to a New User
In order to transfer your ring to a new user, please follow the steps below:
- Back up your data in the app settings (Settings > Account > Back up all data).
- Perform factory reset for the ring.
- Remove the Bluetooth pairing between the ring and your phone:
- Close the Oura app (also from background.)
- Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth), find your ring from the list of devices (e.g. oura_0_A12B34CD5678)
- Tap the "i" or Settings icon to unpair/forget device.
Instructions for taking a previously used ring to use
- Install the Oura app on your phone.
- Connect the ring to the charger (if the ring has been out of use for a while, you may have to let it charge for a while to wake it up).
- Launch the freshly installed Oura app, and create a new Oura account.
- With the ring still in the charger, follow the app instructions for pairing the ring.
- If the ring hasn't already been reset to factory settings, the app will go to restricted mode, and ask you to reset the ring to factory settings to proceed. Choose Factory reset > OK.
- After resetting the ring, the app will ask you to connect the ring and app again (step 4).
- Once the ring and app have been reconnected, you can start wearing the ring and collecting data.
Have more questions? Submit a request