What is CCPA?
If you are a California resident, additional privacy rights are provided under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). CCPA will go into effect starting January 1st, 2020.
CCPA & Oura Users
Right to know
Under the CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose specific pieces of your personal information we have collected over the prior 12 months, which we do after we receive and validate your request. Once we confirm your consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- - The categories of personal information collected.
- - The categories of personal information we've disclosed.
- - The categories of sources for the personal information collected.
- - Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling any personal information.
- - Third parties with whom we share any personal information.
- - The specific pieces of personal information collected (also called a data portability request).
Right of deletion
You have the right to request erasure of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. After we receive and validate your request, we will delete your personal information, and direct our service providers to delete your personal information as well, unless an exception applies.
What is the GDPR?
GDPR, the new European Union general data protection regulation, is a regulation in data protection and privacy for all individuals within the EU and the EEA. GDPR came into effect on May 25, 2018, it's designed to harmonize data privacy laws in Europe.
GDPR & Oura Users
Oura is compliant with GDPR, and has integrated an explicit consent mechanism for the processing of the measurement data, and for providing more detailed and transparent information about how our users data is handled.
Here is an overview of what happens when you use the Oura ring, the Oura app and Oura on the web:
- - The ring collects your physiological signals, such as heart rate, body temperature deviation and movement.
- - The ring syncs the data it collects to the Oura app. Your data is connected to the Oura account you have created when taking the Oura ring into use.
- - The Oura app syncs your data with our servers. The Oura ring, the Oura app and Oura on the web use the raw data gathered by the ring to guide you towards better recovery and sleep. Your data is uploaded to our servers so that we can offer you the full Oura experience and also keep improving our services. You can also switch rings and phones without losing your data.