How Do I Set Up My Oura Ring?
Welcome to the Oura Community! Get started using the tips below.
- Unbox your ring, connect the USB cord to the ring's charger, and plug the charger into a USB power source (e.g., a laptop, or wall outlet).
- Place your ring on the charger, making sure the three sensors on the inside of the ring are positioned correctly. A small light should begin flashing slowly. The ring is fully charged when the light on the charger becomes solid.
- While your ring is charging, visit the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android) to download the free Oura app.
- Once your ring is charged, make sure to enable your device’s Bluetooth.
- Next, launch the Oura app and create your Oura account.
- Follow the instructions to pair your Oura Ring.
- Once paired, go to the app settings to select your age, height, and other personal details.
We recommend using your Oura Ring on one device only.
What's in the box?
Here's what to expect when your Oura Ring arrives.
1. The Ring
The first thing you will see when you open the box is your Oura ring. Heritage or Balance. Black, Silver, Stealth, or Diamond. Whichever you chose - it’ll be there.
2. The Charger
You’ll find your ring resting on its size-specific charger. Underneath your ring, you’ll find a USB-A to USB-C power cable.
Power bricks are not included. For wall charging, an adapter or regional specific power brick is required.
3. A Quick Start Guide
Under the power cord, you’ll find the quick start guide. This is a simple set of instructions to help you get started.
Which data should I expect to see?
On the first day, you'll see your activity data. Oura measures your resting heart rate, heart rate variability, and body temperature while you sleep, therefore you must wait until you've woken up the following day to see this data.
Things to Keep in Mind
Some of the insights Oura provides require the ring and app to learn a bit more about you. Guidance related to your recovery, for instance, requires baseline data, which takes a few (2) weeks to come together.
Before your baselines are established, your guidance will be based on a proxy with similar personal details (e.g., age and gender). As time passes, the guidance you receive will become more personalized. Please remember to wear the ring regularly, if not all the time, for the best results.
If you happen to be sick when you begin using Oura, it will impact your baselines. After you return to your normal routine, though, expect these to return to normal as well.