Storing Your Ring
If you plan on taking a break from wearing your ring, we recommend enabling Power Saving Mode. This will keep your ring’s battery at the optimal percentage of 40% - 60%, and help prevent the battery from deteriorating.
To enable Power Saving Mode, you’ll need to perform a Factory Reset.
To perform factory reset please follow the following steps:
- Leave your ring on the charger until it reaches 60%.
- Open the Oura app, and select the menu icon (☰) in the top left-hand corner.
- Select 'Settings' --> 'Backup all data' below 'Account' (back up process should take 3-5 seconds).
- Once the Backup is complete, select the 'X' in the upper left-hand corner, this will take you to the 'Home' tab.
- On the 'Home' tab, select the ring logo in the upper right-hand corner.
- Swipe left, scroll down, and select 'Factory reset' and proceed by selecting 'OK'. Wait while the app performs the Factory Reset. Once the factory reset is completed, the app will prompt connecting the ring. Do not proceed to connect.
- Close the app, and wait 1 minute before taking the ring off the charger. It’s important to not move the ring for 60 seconds after closing the app, to ensure Power Saving Mode is enabled.
Ready to start using your ring again?
- Simply place the ring on the charger and proceed to connect the ring with your Oura app.
Important information: Storing your Oura Ring for an extended amount of time (2 or more weeks) without having followed these steps may affect battery performance. As a consumable component of the device, the battery is not covered under the 2 Year Limited Warranty.