Preserve Battery Health When Storing Your Oura Ring
If you plan on taking a break from wearing your Oura Ring, we recommend enabling power saving mode. This will keep your ring’s battery at an optimal percentage of 40% - 60%, and help prevent the battery from deteriorating.
To enable power saving mode, you’ll need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset please follow the steps below:
- Place your ring on the charger until it reaches 60%.
- Open the Oura app, and tap the menu icon (☰) in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select 'Settings', then 'Backup all data' below 'Account' (back up process should take 3-5 seconds).
- Once the backup is complete, tap the 'X' in the upper left-hand corner, this will take you back to the home tab.
- On the home tab, select the ring logo ( in the upper right-hand corner.
- Swipe left, scroll down, and select 'Factory reset' and proceed by selecting 'OK'. Wait while the app performs the Factory Reset. Once the factory reset is completed, the app will prompt connecting the ring. Do not proceed to connect.
- Close the app, and wait 1 minute before taking the ring off the charger. It’s important not to move the ring for 60 seconds after closing the app, to ensure Power Saving Mode has been enabled.
Ready to start using your Oura Ring again?
Simply place your ring on its charger and proceed to connect the ring with the Oura app.
Storing your Oura Ring for an extended period of time (2+ weeks) without having followed these steps may affect battery performance.
As a consumable component of our devices, batteries are not covered under Oura's 2-Year Limited Warranty.